*** UPDATED PAYMENT PROCESS beginning in the 2022-23 season:
- We are excited to share that we have updated our payment process to make it easier for you to complete online orders and payments!
- You’ll notice a slightly different and user-friendly process when completing your online payment:
- you can still use Credit and VisaDebit
*** GRAPEFRUIT UPDATE - 2022/23 SEASON:
As a result of Hurricane Ian’s destruction in Florida, 40% of the grapefruit crop was lost for the 2022 – 2023 season. While we can still order grapefruit, this scarcity means that we have almost no control over what will be shipped to us.
Here is what we do know:
• The size of grapefruit will either be size 36 or size 40.
• The colour of the flesh will range from light red to deeper red.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, and encourage you to take this into consideration when placing your order, as we cannot guarantee the size or colour of grapefruit that will fill your individual order this season.
I set up an account last season but now I am having difficulty signing into my account? What should I do?
- If you have previously set up an account, your Username will be your email address that you used to sign up.
- If you cannot remember your Password, click on the Forgot Password? button, and follow the instructions to reset it.
Can someone else pick-up my order?
- Yes. Please make sure they have a printed or digital copy of your order confirmation email along with them when they come. They will need to give the name on the order as well as the order number. They will also need to give the pick-up time slot to the traffic director when they arrive to verify that they are picking up at the correct time as they must pick up during the time slot listed on the Order Confirmation.
Why do I need to arrive during the pick-up time slot I selected?
- After the traffic issues that arose during the 2020-21 season, we have been asked by the local police and fire department to keep the streets open and free from traffic line-ups. This is why we developed the pick-up time slot system.
- We have determined how many vehicles we can comfortably serve in each 10 minute time slot to still keep the streets clear of standing traffic and to keep our pick-up schedule running smoothly.
- When you arrive early or late for your time slot, you inconvience the other customers who are scheduled in that particular time slot by making them wait when it is actally their turn to be served.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes early, our traffic directors will ask you to leave and return during your time slot. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you may need to wait until there is a time slot that can accommodate an additional order.
Are there special instructions for pick-up?
- Please do not arrive before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Enter Waterloo Street from Road 121 and follow signs for pick-up.
- Provide your pick-up time to the traffic director.
- You will be directed to the kiosk.
- At the kiosk, you will need to provide the name on your order as well as the order number.
- Once confirmed, pull ahead to the STOP sign.
- Please remain in your vehicle. Your order will be brought out to you.
- To exit, TURN RIGHT onto Waterloo Street toward Road 121 (NO LEFT TURNS PLEASE)
Is there a limit to how much fruit I can order?
Yes. There is a limit of 20 boxes of fruit per order. Any mix of 40 lb or 20 boxes or 8 lb bags counts towards this limit.
What forms of payment can I use to place my online order?
- You can pay with Credit and VisaDebit.
- As of November 2022, you can no pay using your Paypal account.
How will I know if my order has been successfully placed?
- A message will appear on your screen saying that you order is confirmed and that an email confirmation has been sent. Please check your email to ensure you have received your order confirmation that includes pick-up instructions.
I successfully placed my order but I did not recieve the Order Confirmation email. What do I do?
- Check your spam/junk folder. The Order Confirmation email comes from email@example.com NOT our usual email address
- If you find the email in your spam folder, please mark it as "Not Spam" to help prevent order confirmation emails from going into spam in the future.
- If you don't find it in spam or any other folder, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will check into your order and send you a copy.
I have attempted to pay with my credit card but my payment was not successful? What do I do?
You will need to try your payment again. Please carefully read the payment tips below (before you try again) to help you isolate the problem.
Tips to help make a successful payment
- Once you have chosen the "Debit/Credt" option, you will need to fill in your credit card information and the name on the card you are using. If any are left blank, your payment will not submit.
- Please check that there are no mistakes in your credit card number and expiry number once you have entered it.
- Please make sure that the name that appears in the "First and Last Name" area matches the name on your credit card.
- If your payment is successful, you will get a message on your screen telling you that your order is confirmed and a confirmation email has been sent.
- If you have tried ALL of the above, and your payment is still unsuccessful, please email us at email@example.com so we can check on your order attempt and help resolve the issue.
What happens if the weather is stormy when it is time to pick up my order?
- The inclement weather policy that is listed on our Terms and Conditions page is as follows: Inclement Weather Policy - If you are unable to pick up your fruit during your selected time slot due to inclement weather causing road closures and/ or unsafe driving conditions, please contact us via email as soon as possible, and a rescheduled pick up time will be provided to you by The Orange Barn.
- So don't worry about the weather ... we will work with you to make sure you get your fruit. How that will all look will really depend on how many people are affected at the time, but we will accommodate when the weather makes pick-up unsafe.